Friday, June 4, 2010

Bookit.com Refund Update

Picking up where we left off: 
We faxed in a copy of the receipts for the passes we had to buy while in Orlando per the supervisor's request on May 27th. She then called me and informed me that we would have to call Disney and get a reimbursement from them. I told her that she had been given wrong information because Disney was not at fault. Disney had informed me that bookit.com owned the park hopper passes and that we bought them from bookit.com. After bookit.com received the passes from Disney, Disney had no presence in the situation. The supervisor then said, "no, no, this is what I was told from the guy who actually deals with Disney." I shrugged my shoulders and told her we could try, but I knew it's wasn't going to work. So we set up a time for the next day when we could confrence call Disney. So, on the 28th, she called me and tried to conference call Disney but instead dropped me from the call. She went ahead with the call and talk to a Disney rep and explained the situation and surprise, surprise! Disney informed her that they were not responsible for the reimbursement. So she called me back and told me that she would put in a request that a reimbursement form from bookit.com be sent to us. Once we received it, we should sign it, and upon returning it, the money would be put back on our credit card.

That was last Friday. It's been a week and we have not received any reimbursement form or any kind of communication from bookit.com. We have both called and sent emails and we have not received any kind of response. So, today, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I then called the supervisor and left her a message informing that I filed the complaint. I thanked her for her efforts so far but seeing as I haven't gotten any kind of response from her or anyone from the company in a week I had to do something to resolve the problem more quickly.  I'm assuming I will get a quick response next week.  



What makes me sad is that the supervisor was actually helping us and at one point she thanked me for my patience and help with the issue. She said she had learned a lot through all this and was happy to be the one helping us. She seemed truly genuine in helping us resolve this matter and then we were dropped. I'm more disappointed now than mad. I just want our money back.


Did I tell you that in a letter we received from bookit.com with our park hopper passes it read, "At Bookit.com, the number on value that we live by is that we do not believe in customer satisfaction... we believe in customer ELATION! We want you to be so happy about planning your vacation on Bookit.com that you go out of your way to tell others about us."  Oh, I've gone out of my way to tell people about my experience! 


I'll keep you updated!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails