Saturday, April 3, 2010

Why, Raised By a Village?


You might be wondering why we decided to Title our Blog "Raised By a Village" and I thought I'd take a moment to explain. This was something that both Stephanie and I thought about for a long while and wanted to make sure we got it just right. I wanted something that would fully encompass what we wanted to do here, how we felt, and was easy to remember. I think we hit in on the nail. Kids aren't just raised and taught by their parents. Aunts, uncles, grandparents, family friends, teachers, books, articles, etc. all have a hand in helping each of us raise our kids. Anytime I need help with an issue I look it up on the internet, I call a friend, I talk to my sister and from there I create the best solution for my family. In turn, friends and family turn to me for advice as well. Even hearing fun stories and situations from others helps me to understand that I am not alone in this world and with what I experience as a mom, wife, woman, friend which comforts me in a way I will never be able to explain. I hope this site will be a place, a forum, for other mothers, wives and friends to find comfort and information that will come in handy in their own lives. This way we are all helping each other out and in a way creating a village of hope, love, fun, and hospitality of our own!

However, I do have to admit we didn't come up with the name. My good friend David suggested it and I have to give him props for giving us the perfect blog name. Thank you David!

1 comment:

Stephanie Cozzens said...

You guys totally rock! Can't wait to see more!
-Your biggest fan

Related Posts with Thumbnails