Saturday, April 3, 2010

Get to Know The Bloggers

Meet Steph:


Hi, my name is Stephanie and I am the mother of five (yes, FIVE!) beautiful daughters, ages 16 months to 11 ½ years. Being a stay-at-home mom was/is my Plan A, and I feel blessed to be able to live that plan, dream, thanks to my hard-working and supportive husband.
Ninety to 95% of the time I feel overwhelmed by how lucky I am. The other five percent or so? I grit my teeth and get through it, and occasionally wonder why I didn’t follow my dreams and work for the CIA instead. And I mean “dreams” very literally – I have recurring dreams where I am engaged in thrilling espionage ala Jennifer Garner in “Alias.” .” However, as I am fairly non-confrontational and a terrible liar, I’m probably better off doing the mom thing.
...Wait a minute. Come to think of it, maybe being a spy would have been good training for raising kids after all.
I put myself firmly in the “optimist” category and love to hear and read things that celebrate the joys of motherhood. However, it’s the difficult five or ten percent of being a wife and a mother where we need other women’s support and advice to know we’re normal, that we can do this very challenging thing we’re trying to do, and that we’ll get through it, and probably in much better shape than we think.

Meet Stacie:

 

Hi, my name is Stacie and I am a stay-at-home mom of an energetic 4 year-old girly-girl and a cheeky but sensitive 10 month-old boy. I am very happy and lucky to be able to spend quality time with my little ones with the support and care of my hardworking husband. This wasn't my Plan A. I got a Public Communication degree from the University of Utah and I very much wanted to put that to good use. I planned on being a working mom, but when working vs. paying for babysitting just didn't add up, and I realized that I didn't want a babysitter experiencing those "first" moments with my child instead of me staying at home and being a good mom then became my ideal career choice.

Since this wasn't my first career choice and I'm still new at this, I'm constantly working on my patience and it usually takes a melt down (with many tears) to have an eye opening epiphany to change my thinking and attitude. Yes, I'm a dramatic and emotional person and it's not a surprise that my daughter is the same way. But I wouldn't have it any other way. She is truely entertaining and teaches me something new every day. I would say that I am a quirky, non-judgmental, absent-minded, and caring person that doesn't get embarrassed and will do anything to get a laugh out of you.

I believe that even though I am just beginning my journey into motherhood that I have a lot to share as well as a lot to learn about being a mom. I’m hoping that through this blog we can all learn, support, and teach each other as we all continue working on being great moms, wives, and friends. And no matter where we are at in our mothering stages, we can all help each other out.

What the 2 of us are hoping this blog will be:

A place for some celebration, a little confession, and lots of sharing solutions so we can do the best job possible at the most crucial, sacred task we will ever have – raising our children. And sometimes, we might even make you laugh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails