Monday, March 21, 2011

Frazzled Monday

(Me and my kids on St. Patrick's Day)

I woke up this morning with the energy and desire to get a lot accomplished within my home. I started piecing a blanket together for my son last night (that I had cut and got ready to start before he was born) and I wanted to start sewing it today. I was ready to clean each room and write a couple of blog pieces and I realized that I could actually (maybe) even get some reading in if I managed my time well. All that excitement was quickly squashed by my kids!

My 21 month-old decided that his own toys were just not exciting anymore and my bathroom drawers are a prefect place to play. My 4 year-old just wanted to play and do all the wrong things at the wrong time and be apart of my phone conversations at the same time. Neither one of them will leave my side! I couldn't even go to the bathroom without the both of them sitting outside the door. Every time I turn around they've destroyed a room, gotten into something they're not suppose to, or are fighting with each other.  Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but my whole day has been spent on the phone catching up with friends and family, being a referee between the kids, and walking around in circles cleaning the same places I just cleaned. I got nothing done that I wanted to get done besides a load of towels in the wash.

To top it all off, today is the anniversary of my father's death and I haven't even got a chance to think about it.

What I realized is that most of my day's lately feel like this. The laundry is never finished; there's always a load to clean and load to fold. There is always something to clean, something to cook, a task to be done, etc.  (I really hate that! There's no brake!) My life is one big circle of the same chores to do over and over again. Clean, tidy, wash, shop, cook, clean, tidy, wash, shop… When is there time for me? How do I find that balance?

I know some mom's that are great at that. They can let something slide in order to do something for themselves. I don't know if I can do that. I feel guilty every time I let something for my home and family slide while I do something for myself.  I'm going to have to figure out how to do it all without guilt because lately I have been staying up REALLY late in order to get some "me" time in.  And that has not made me a happy, energized, patient mom each day especially when my son has started to wake up at 6am.

So, to not just have this be a whining, complaining blog piece; How do you do it? Any suggestions on how to balance my time better? How can I get in all the things that I need to do for the family and still find time for me? And please tell me I'm not the only one that gets like this sometimes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails